Sunday, October 17, 2004

the-play's-the-thing dept.

"So I hear you are leaving for the US tomorrow?"

"Yes. uhhh...My flight..uhhh..leaves on Tuesday."

"What is it you do exactly, again?"

"Well, uhhh...My company...uhhh...provides software consultancy services to American software companies. I'm ...uhhh... going onsite for ummm...an upcoming release, where..ummm..."

"Oh, so basically, you're going to go there and tell them why this button doesn't appear on this window, and where to point the mouse and click...hyuk, hyuk, hyuk...."

"ahhh...ha..ha...something like that..."

"Where do you normally go then, (sneer) New York, Chicago?"

"No...actually, San Jose, usually...ummm...California. That's where most software companies are."

"So what do you do in your company? How many (sneer) people do you have working under you?"

"I ... uhh... don't think of them as working under me, but yeah...ahhh...that depends..."

"Arre, these software companies usually pay really well , you must be senior now right, arre they must be paying you well, na?"

"Uhhh...ok, I guess ."

"'ok......(sneer)hmmm..."

"So, did you go anywhere when you were in the US? कुठे-कुठे गेला होतास?"

"
I.Well,.uhhh..once...I... we...uhh... went to LA..."

"Oh, I'm sorry, you (sneer) wanted to say something?"

"No..ummm..I...uhhh...no, please, go ahead..."

"Ahem, so I went to LA with my advisor, with some friends from the eFF-dEE-aYYY."

"FDA?"

"Food...FOOD And DRUG ADMINISTRATION...they approve all the drugs in the US, our work falls under their jurisdiction. So we went to this restaurant which is owned by Spielberg's parents. You know, the film director. His parents are really old, and they actually run the restaurant. We met his mother...Spielberg's mother. She is a really nice old lady. Amazing people, the Spielbergs."

"So why don't you (sneer) do your post-graduation?"

"I...uhhh...there was a time I thought of doing that...but..uhhh...ummm...Well, I guess I..uhhh..wasn't up to it..."

"Hey, (sneer) you should really consider it, its really great. So let's go then? Oh no, please, let me..."

No comments: